Banana is classic, and is a staple in every Indian household. Plus it is famously used in diet for gain weight. It can be eaten as it is, included in meals, smoothies and desserts. If you don’t like eating bananas, then these recipes will do the job for you. So, what are you waiting for? Let’s take a look at some of the delicious and healthy banana recipes.
1. Banana Sabzi
Bananas are a healthy and delicious substitute in any recipe. This sabzi is made using 2 raw bananas, ghee, 1 tsp mustard seeds, ¼ tsp asafoetida, ½ tsp of each coriander powder, turmeric powder, 1 tsp chilli powder, sugar, salt to taste and coriander to garnish.
- Peel and cut the raw bananas in thick round slices. Put them in a bowl.
- Heat ghee in a pan and add mustard seeds. Wait for them to crackle and add asafoetida.
- Now add the bananas to the pan, saute them for 3 minutes.
- Mix chilli, turmeric, and coriander powder to bananas. Add salt to taste and add sugar if you prefer.
- Mix all the ingredients well and cook it for about 5 minutes.
- Garnish it with coriander leaves and serve with roti or rice.
2. Banana Oat Bread
This healthy banana bread recipe is a few ingredients away. It is made using whole wheat flour and doesn’t contain any added sugar, as it is sweetened with maple syrup or honey. To make this recipe you need 2 eggs, ½ cup olive oil or melted coconut oil, ⅓ cup maple syrup or honey, ¼ cup greek yogurt or cup milk, 1 tsp vanilla extract, 1 cup (2-3 medium bananas) mashed ripe bananas, 1 ¾ cups whole wheat flour, ½ tsp ground cinnamon, salt, 1 tsp baking soda and ½ cup dark chocolate chips, chopped walnuts and raisins.
- Preheat the oven to 162°C. Grease the loaf pan and set it aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the cinnamon, flour, salt and baking soda. Set aside.
- Take a large bowl, beat eggs, honey, oil, vanilla and milk for 2 minutes.
- Mix the bananas, chocolate chips and flour mixture.
- Pour the batter into a greased pan. Sprinkle some raw sugar and cinnamon.
- Bake for 55 minutes. Let it cool for 10 minutes, slice and enjoy!
3. Banana Bread Pudding
Try this sweetest, creamiest, and yummiest banana bread pudding to treat your taste buds. Plus this recipe is soy free, dairy free, and vegan. To make this recipe you need 7 ounces of gluten free bread, ¾ cup non dairy milk, 1 tsp ground flax seeds, 1 tbsp maple syrup and another sweetener, 2 bananas cut into thick slices, 2 tbsps natural peanut butter, and ¼ tsp cardamom.
- Preheat the oven to 204°C.
- Mix all the ingredients in a bowl until well combined.
- Divide the batter evenly into ramekins and bake it for about 20 mins, until golden on top.
- Serve cold or hot and drizzle with maple syrup, if desired.
These recipes can change the way you eat bananas. If you want to gain weight, you can also tweak these recipes by adding weight gainer protein to it. Do try these recipes and feel free to share your impressions in the comments section below.