Netgear extenders are marvelous devices to access a seamless internet connection throughout the home. Users can connect their WiFi-enabled devices to the Netgear extender’s SSID and surf the internet. However, not everyone gets success with this. Some users are unable to see the SSID (network name) of their extender on the network list. This halts their access to the internet.
If you are also troubled by the same issue, then read this article. Here, we have summed up various tips and tricks to help you get rid of it in a snap. So, read on.
Fixed: Can’t See Netgear Extender’s SSID on Network List
- Reboot Your Netgear Extender
Sometimes, you are unable to see the Netgear extender’s SSID on your network list due to technical glitches. These glitches can be resolved by rebooting the extender. So, we advise you to reboot your WiFi extender.
Follow the steps given below to reboot your Netgear range extender:
- Now, turn off your Netgear extender.
- Once you have given enough time to your extender, turn it on.
Now, refresh your network list to check if the Netgear extender’s SSID shows up. If the issue is still troubling you, then move to the next troubleshooting hack.
- Bring Your WiFi Devices Closer
Too much distance between your Netgear extender and the router is also one of the reasons that is not allowing the extender’s SSID to appear on your network list. Therefore, we suggest you bring your WiFi devices closer. For a better internet connection, it is recommended to maintain a clear line of sight between them.
But, bear in mind not to place your Netgear extender and the router too close as it might result in a clash of their WiFi signals.
- Update the Firmware
An outdated version of your extender’s firmware can also lead you to the ‘Netgear extender’s SSID not showing on network list’ issue. Therefore, get the firmware of the Netgear extender updated as soon as possible.
Here are the do-follow steps to perform Netgear extender firmware update:
- Make sure that you have access to a lightning-fast internet connection.
- Launch a web browser on your PC and download the firmware file for your Netgear extender.
- Access the mywifiext.net login page and log in to your Netgear range extender using the default login details.
- Once you get redirected to the Netgear Genie dashboard, click the Firmware Update option.
- Locate the firmware file and upload it.
- The firmware of your Netgear extender will get updated to its latest version.
- Enable SSID Broadcast
Updated the firmware but still can’t see the Netgear extender’s SSID on your network list? Looks like you’ve disabled the SSID broadcast on your Netgear extender by mistake. So, we suggest you enable the SSID broadcast on your WiFi device.
Go through the instructions given below to enable the SSID broadcast on your Netgear wireless extender:
- Access the Netgear Genie setup wizard using the default web address of the extender.
- Click the Settings menu and then the Wireless option.
- The WiFi Settings page will come into view.
- Click the Broadcast this Network Name (SSID) checkboxes for the 2.4GHz and 5GHz frequency bands.
- Lastly, click Save.
As soon as you enable the SSID broadcast, you will be able to see the Netgear extender’s SSID on your network list.
In the Nutshell
Netgear extender’s SSID acts as a gateway between your extender and the WiFi-enabled devices. Therefore, the appearance of its name on the network list is of utmost appearance. We hope that the aforementioned hacks will bring you luck in resolving the issue. Just in case you are still endeavoring with the same issue, consider resetting your Netgear extender and reconfiguring it by using the 192.168.1.250 IP address.