Halloween, also known as Allhalloween, All Hallows’ Eve, or All Saints’ Eve, is a worldwide holiday held on the eve of the Western Christian feast of All Hallows’ Day on October 31.
Americans began dressing up in costumes and went door to door asking for food or money, a tradition that evolved into the modern-day “trick-or-treat” ritual, taking inspiration from European customs. Young ladies believed that by playing pranks with yarn, apple parings, or mirrors on Halloween, they could learn the name or appearance of their future spouses.
Halloween had evolved into a secular but community-centered event by the 1920s and 1930s, with parades and town-wide Halloween festivities as the main attractions. Despite the best efforts of many schools and towns, vandalism began to plague some festivals in many areas around this time. The centuries-old tradition of trick-or-treating was also revived between 1920 and 1950. Trick-or-treating was a low-cost way for a whole community to participate in the Halloween celebration. In theory, families may also prevent tricks from being played on them by presenting little presents to the neighborhood kids. As a result, a new American custom was formed, and it has grown ever since. Halloween is now the country’s second-largest commercial event, after Christmas, with an estimated $6 billion spent yearly.
- Anjelica Huston is an actor, director, producer, novelist, and former model from the United States. She is the daughter of director John Huston and the granddaughter of actor Walter Huston.
- Anjelica Huston plays a young boy and his caring grandmother in this fantasy based on a Roald Dahl book about a young boy and his caring grandmother defying a coven of witches who attempt to change children into mice in order to rid Britain of them.
- The plot is based on Roald Dahl’s 1983 novel of the same name, and it contains terrible witches who disguise themselves as ordinary ladies, as well as a kid and his grandmother who must figure out how to stop them.
- While on vacation with his grandma at a coastal hotel, a young kid discovers that a witch convention is also staying there and learns about their Grand High Witch’s sinister ambitions (Huston).
- In his most recent picture, Jim Henson created the creature effects.
This Halloween join this amazing fest with an amazing actor, director, producer, and novelist. Have an amazing party with your friends and family.
- GIVEAWAYS FOR EVERYONE WHO COMES IN COSTUME! If you dress up for any HT Fright Fest film, you’ll receive a complimentary small popcorn or bottled water from the concessions. Limit one per person while supplies last.
- FREE ENTRY FOR KIDS! Fright Fest Family Matinees are free for kids 12 and under! They can make a reservation over the phone or at the Box Office. An adult above the age of 18 must accompany children under the age of 18.
- ACTIVITIES FOR KIDS! The Fright Fest Family Matinees include a photo booth with props as well as exciting Halloween take-home activities.
So, what are you waiting for!? Book your tickets now to enjoy the wonderful afternoon at Hopewell theatre in New Jersey. Let your spirits rejoice in this amazing fest, Fright Fest Family Matinee: The Witches. From free popcorn and free entry to crazy activities, you can have it all. The spooky season is here, and Hopewell’s got it all for you!