Cisco Certifications are certifications offered by Cisco Systems. Cisco Systems globally offer products and services related to networking and communication. Cisco Systems regularly motivate their IT experts to validate their skills and expertise levels. This is essential to support Cisco products and solve the technical problems of their customers on several fronts. The Cisco certification is all-embracing wherein it benefits the network professional and software developer alike, creating knowledgeable IT professionals.
These certifications begin at `the entry-level, proceed to associate level, then to a professional level, and finish at the expert level. You can obtain these certification credentials by clearing one or two exams based on your professional needs and requirements. Testing services for these certifications are hosted by Pearson VUE (Virtual University Enterprises). It is mandatory to meet the necessary prerequisites to opt for high-level certifications. A professional can choose from a variety of Cisco certifications under Cisco’s career program, where subjects cover network operation and design.
A Few Major Cisco Certifications
- Cisco Certified Entry Networking Technician (CCENT): These professionals install, troubleshoot, and maintain the group of enterprise networks, small networks, or install basic network security systems. This certification is a prerequisite for the CCNA certification.
- Cisco Certified Technician (CCT): These professionals can diagnose, repair, replace, and restore vital networks and systems at the customer’s location. Technicians support the Cisco Technical Assistance Center (TAC) to rapidly and effectively resolve and address customer issues.
Associate Level Certifications
- Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA): The CCNA course certification covers the elementary basics of networking issues, ex. IP services, IP connectivity, and network access. The CCNA credential is useful for network professionals as Cisco is one of the biggest companies in the networking domain. You can choose your track from several available options. One of the most popular tracks is CCNA Security and is also a prerequisite for professional-level certifications. A CCNA routing and switching course is the prerequisite for most high-level certification exams. CCNA offers tracks like CCNA Routing and Switching, CCNA CyberOps, CCNA Cloud, CCNA Service Provider, CCNA Industrial, CCNA Collaboration, CCNA Wireless, CCNA Security, etc. On completing the CCNA course, you need to appear for a CCNA exam. Before enrolling for the course, verify the CCNA certification cost with your training center.
- Cisco Certified Design Associate (CCDA): These individuals can design elementarily wired and wireless networks, implement security and voice solutions. To obtain CCDA, you need to have an entry-level certificate and a CCNA routing and switching certificate.
Professional Level Certifications
To appear for the Cisco Certified Design Professional (CCDP) certification, you need to mandatorily clear three certification exams and;
- Hold both the CCDA and CCNA Routing and Switching certificate or
- Any Cisco CCIE (Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert) or CCDE (Cisco Certified Design Expert) certification.
- Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP): These professionals can plan, troubleshoot, and deploy local and wide area networks. Except for Industrial and Cyber Ops, the CCNP holds the same tracks as those of CCNA. The CCNP is necessary to progress in your career and become a Cisco Certified Expert. This certification validates your skills to work with local and wide-area networks comprising 100 to 500 or more end-devices. CCNP is one of the most famous Cisco certifications. It offers tracks like CCNP Routing and Switching, CCNP Data Center, CCNP Collaboration, CCNP Service Provider, CCNP Security, and CCNP Wireless.
- Cisco Certified Design Professional (CCDP): These professionals can efficiently design and deploy extensible networks and multilayer-switched networks. An active CCDA certification is the most important prerequisite for this certification. They can create enhanced addressing, routings, and virtual private networking and wireless domains.
Expert Level Certifications
- Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert (CCIE): Obtaining CCIE is the stepping stone for any professional in their career. These professionals hold the expertise and knowledge of Cisco network products and solutions in one of the CCIE technical tracks. The technical track currently includes Collaboration, Data Center, Routing and Switching, Security, Wireless, Service Provider, etc. CCIE has been voted as the most technically advanced and highest paying certification in IT salary surveys. It offers tracks like CCIE Routing and Switching, CCIE Data Center, CCIE Collaboration, CCIE Service Provider, CCIE Security, CCIE Wireless, etc.
- Cisco Certified Design Expert (CCDE): CCDE is an advanced, expert-level Cisco certification. This certification runs parallel to CCIE but offers a higher skill set than CCIE. These professionals have expertise and knowledge of network designing. They focus on network architecture and do not cover installation and operations. These professionals are well-versed with advanced network infrastructure design principles and the basics of large networks.
Most of the Cisco certifications are valid for three years. These certifications will help you enhance your career and gain better employment opportunities.