QuickBooks license error after clone appears when you try to validate the QuickBooks installation. Well, missing information within the QuickBooks files can lead to this error. The possible reasons for the error could be corrupted Windows MSXML files, outdated QuickBooks, and unsaved information. The issue can be fixed by deleting the EntitlementDataStore.ecml file but we have other best solutions too that are easily executed.
Now, let’s get into the guide and learn different factors causing QuickBooks license after clone.
Factors Triggering QuickBooks License Error After Clone
The main reason behind the QuickBooks Error After Clone could be anything from the list below.
- Windows MSXML file gets damaged.
- Outdated Windows can be another factor.
- Another security software causing issues within the system.
- QuickBooks software is outdated.
- Importing the QB file without saving it.
Things to Consider Before Troubleshooting
Well, we can directly move towards troubleshooting. But, it should be recommended to go through these points below before performing the solutions.
- Update your QuickBooks software.
- A valid key should be used for registering the QuickBooks software.
- Make sure to prepare a backup of the company files.
- Run QuickBooks file doctor tool if the error appears at the time of accessing the QB file. You can use file doctor from the QuickBooks tool hub.
Different Ways and Solutions to Resolve the QuickBooks License Error
Below are provided different ways to fix QuickBooks license Error after clone.
Solution 1: Update the Windows Operating System
Using an outdated Windows operating system can lead to the issue. So, we try to update the same with the steps provided below. You can take help from these steps and ensure troubleshooting.
- Move towards the Start menu.
- Click on the same.
- Now, head towards the Gear icon located on your computer screen.
- You need to access the Windows settings.
- Thereafter, choose the Update and Security tab.
- Consequently, move towards the left pane and choose Windows update.
- Hit another button titled Check for update.
- Just examine if you find any available update or not.
- If yes, then make sure to download it on the system.
- To do so, hit the Download or Get Updates button.
- The updating procedure will start on its own.
- Once the procedure gets completed, you need to restart the system.
- Perform the same task that brings the error issue.
- If you see the error text again then try out this next solution.
Solution 2: Delete and Clear the Entitlement Data File
This is the most favorable solution for QuickBooks License Error After Clone. Below are the steps that guide you to delete and clear the entitlement data file.
- To initiate, you need to close the QB desktop.
- Now, verify that no other program is running in the background.
- You can choose the End task feature to do so.
- Well, if you don’t know the procedure then head on to these steps.
- Hit the three tabs together Ctrl + Shift + Esc.
- It will provide you access to the Task Manager.
- Once done, head towards the Processes button.
- The user is now required to verify QuickBooks processes.
- Choose the ones that are running on your device.
- One by one, tap End Task for each QuickBooks process.
- After performing this part, you need to access the entitlement data folder.
- For that, access the Run window.
- Use the following path C:\ProgramData\Intuit\EntitlementClient\v8 to fill in the dialog box.
- Consequently, choose the Enter key.
- Go to the ECML file now.
- Perform a right-click on the same.
- Thereafter, choose the Delete button.
- After it gets deleted, you need to access the QB software.
- Try to open your company file as well.
- At last, just register the QuickBooks software.
Solution 3: Disable Antivirus Protection
If some antivirus causes problems then try to disable it. The steps below will assist you to do so. Conduct the procedure as mentioned below.
- You need to access the Windows Desktop.
- Thereafter, navigate towards the Taskbar.
- Head towards the arrow tab to expand more options.
- After that, you need to perform a right-click on the antivirus icon.
- Subsequently, choose the Disable button.
- You need to now select the time for which you want to disable the antivirus.
- Make sure to specify only that duration which you need for QuickBooks reregistration.
- As the security software will get enabled after the completion of the period.
- Hit a right-click on your antivirus application.
- Choose the Enable button now.
- Finally, the procedure is completed.
So, these are the specific reasons behind QuickBooks license error after clone. We have tried to root out each cause by mentioning reason-specific troubleshooting. You can execute the troubleshooting on your own. So, don’t hesitate in between the procedures. However, if there arise any other issues and problems then you are always welcome to this platform. Don’t forget to press the notification bar if you like this article.