SAT is an entrance exam given by aspirants who want to pursue their education in foreign colleges and universities. Most US colleges and universities use SAT as a benchmark to make admission decisions.
SAT format and scoring have gone through multiple changes in the past years. The current format of SAT includes two sections and an optional section in a three-hour exam (+50 minutes if you want to attempt the optional section).
- October 2, 2021
- December 4, 2021
Many of us are uncertain about giving this exam because we think it to be difficult but practicing in the right way can surely help you to secure good marks on SAT. Here we will discuss some tips to exercise the preparation for SAT easily.
Easy keys to get good marks:-
- Have a clear idea: – The most important part of the preparation is to go through the previous year’s paper of SAT and gather detailed knowledge about the pattern of the current SAT format. Start studying smartly. Make a daily strategy of preparation and give your best to stay focused.
- Grow your skills in reading: – The most time-consuming part of SAT is reading. Questions are not so hazardous but sometimes you may lose your tolerance to read. To prevent this it is better if you are having the skill to read with patience.
- Fix your mistakes: – Only studying according to the strategy is not adequate. Attend practice tests regularly, figure out your mistakes and analyze the section in which you need to perform better. Start specializing in the section in which you are weak.
- Master your vocabulary: – Reading takes most of your patience so having a good vocabulary will make it easier for you to handle it with ease. Practice reading books, when an unknown word strikes you try to find out its meaning. An increase in the vocabulary will not only help in your exam but will also alleviate your entire life
- Have a good grasp on grammar: – SAT includes the writing section that examines your depth in grammar and punctuation. Hence, it is also advisable to practice simple grammar rules and get a good grip on grammar.
- Clear your concept in math: – Math section of SAT examines your clarity in knowledge. This section seems to be difficult but actually, it is not, aspirants sometimes could not tackle the question in the right way. Therefore read the questions consciously and have a methodical approach to score good marks. As we all know time management is the key rule to score well. It is effective for you to remember the math formula since it will help you save your time during the exam.
- Do not prioritize a particular section: – Aspirants often like to practice the section they are good at but studies have shown that this is not the right approach for taking preparation. Therefore prioritize all the sections of SAT and devote an equal amount of time to each section, this systematic way will not only brush up your skills in all the sections but will also make you learn time management.
Time Management is the key rule to score good marks in the exam. Keep on practicing in the right way you will surely get good marks in your SAT EXAM.